Friday, August 3, 2012

Perfection

I took a sheet of rubber and painted the world on it.
The perfect trees with streamlined leaves,
The perfect hills, with daffodils,
A perfect view with an orange hue,
Just the perfect life with a comely wife.

And then I stretched the rubber from either side.

What seemed perfect dissipated into elongated nonsense.
The leaves became branches,
The orange got jaundiced,
And my wife grew fat.

And yet, I was happier.

Because I had stretched it to the limit.

This is perfection for me.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so this is my new favourite creation of yours thus far. Can't stop reading it again and again. And AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is my newest favourite by me as well :D
      Got inspired to write this while listening to a lecture by a scientist

      Delete